Privacy notice – match results and comments
When you submit match results and comments on this website you are sending data to Stoolball England as the data controller.
Stoolball England takes data protection seriously. Please be assured that your information will be used appropriately in line with data protection legislation, will be stored securely and will not be processed unless the requirements for fair and lawful processing can be met.
What information is being processed?
Scorecards include the names of players participating in matches, their performances in the match, and the location of the match which indicates the player’s whereabouts at some time in the past. Details may appear in news items or comments as well as scorecards.
How will your information be used?
The information you provide, or provided about you by a third party (usually a member of your team or your opposition team), will be used solely for providing match statistics and reports which are publicly available online.
Your information is not processed outside the UK and EU.
What is the legal basis for processing your information?
The information is processed in the legitimate interests of Stoolball England (GDPR Article 6(1)(f)), to provide a service to the stoolball community.
How long your information will be stored for?
Match scorecards will be kept indefinitely as a historical archive of stoolball matches.
Sharing your information
Match scorecards are publicly available online.
Under data protection legislation, you have the right:
- To be informed why, where and how we use your information.
- To ask for access to your information.
- To ask for your information to be corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- To ask for your information to be deleted or removed where there is no need for us to continue processing it.
- To ask us to restrict the use of your information.
- To ask us to copy or transfer your information from one IT system to another in a safe and secure way, without impacting the quality of the information.
- To object to how your information is used.
- To challenge any decisions made without human intervention (automated decision making)
Should you have any further queries on the uses of your information, please contact us.