Important reminder of COVID-19 procedures
Friday 17 July 2020
A gentle reminder of some of the more important procedures needed for the resumption of stoolball during the pandemic.
- A contact register must be kept by the home team for 4 weeks after the match. It must include everyone; players, scorers, umpires and spectators. Their names and phone numbers must be recorded.
- Social distancing must be adhered to at all times.
- Chairs brought from home should be spaced out.
- Players and umpires should be spaced out on the pitch.
- No hugs or high-fives to be allowed as celebrations.
- All shared equipment to be cleaned prior to use by another person. The ball should be cleaned and disinfected every 6 overs. Players should also disinfect their hands with hand sanitiser every 6 overs. The ball should also be disinfected at the end of an innings.
- Facilities which are used by other clubs and users should remain closed, with no or limited access to toilets, changing rooms and hand-washing facilities. If outside toilets are available these should be used over clubhouse ones.
- The fielding team should provide their own ball for the batting team to strike. Therefore only the fielding team will touch that ball.
- Each player should provide their own kit, bat and protective equipment. Team "bat bags" are discouraged. Kit and equipment should be securely stored in a bag and not left out.
- Clubs should set up a hand-washing station outside the club house if possible.
- Players should arrive at games and practices by walking, or in their own car with members of their household or support bubble. Public transport and car sharing is discouraged.