Saturday 26 July 2014
Do you have a little spare time to help put stoolball on the map? Do you want to see stoolball thrive long into the future? Our Chairman, John Price, will retire at the Stoolball England AGM in November and we’d like individuals or groups who may be interested in taking on a role within Stoolball England, no matter how small, to contact us.
John’s exit, after 14 years at the helm, will leave a huge hole which the Executive Committees recognise can never again be filled by a single individual, given the range and sheer quantity of activities that John, aided and assisted on a daily basis by Kay, carries out in our name.
As part of our succession planning project we are ploughing through the long list of activities that John currently does to see how many may reasonably be absorbed by existing members of the Executive Committee and how many will require new roles to be created.
Though sad at John’s imminent departure, we see this as a major opportunity to involve more people, particular those who may not as yet felt able to join in, with the detailed activities of running a National Governing Body like Stoolball England.
A small sample of the kind of roles we already feel will be needed are as follows:
- Managing one or more of our relationships with outside organisations such as Sport England, Active Sussex and the Sport and Recreation Alliance
- Helping with our involvement in community events such as TakePart in Brighton, Sparks in the Park in Horsham and Sports Fest in Chichester
- Involvement in the detailed planning and running of specific stoolball events such as the England matches and Sussex School Games
- Representing Stoolball England in contacts with the media, be that online, press, radio or television
- Help with the development of coaching stoolball in schools to build on the work already done in Horsham and Horley primary schools.
In these and many other areas there will be opportunities for contributions large and small from any number of people who are ready, willing and able to give up just a little time to help the development of the game we all love.
If you would like to get involved, even if you’re not sure how or where yet, please get in touch with Michael Ledwich, the Stoolball England Governance Officer (phone 01293 772469, mobile 07917 852023, or email michael@…) or any member of the Executive Committee, or use Facebook or Twitter to let us know you’re up for the challenge.
We’re waiting to hear from you!
The Executive Committee