12 messages

Message 1

Facebook comments about "Stolball's Big Match Day"

Posted by Richard Emsley, Crawley, West Sussex, England at 8.17am, 9 Oct 12

• Posted: 8.17am, 9 Oct 12
  • Signed up: February 2006
  • Total messages: 26

Facebook comments about "Stolball's Big Match Day"

Nicola Gorman wrote: "What an excellent day! Was so much more than I think we all ever thought was possible for stoolball! Hopefully this has raised awareness of stoolball, and a great step in to the future of the sport. Am excited for future matches and the prospect of a tour, playing other countries and all other England matches! Privileged to play with such great players, well played everyone, and a huge thank you to everyone involved that made this day a huge success! X"

Message 2

Posted by Richard Emsley, Crawley, West Sussex, England at 8.20am, 9 Oct 12

• Posted: 8.20am, 9 Oct 12

Sue Targett wrote: "Well said Nick - The work and effort that was put into organising today I would imagine was huge - it was as Nicky says so much more than any of us thought we would ever experience through playing Stoolball - I was incredibly honoured and proud to be selected and to Captain one of the teams in this historical match was the icing on the cake - well done to all those involved in the day both arranging it and playing in it - you have reason to be very proud !!! Congratulations x"

Message 3

Posted by Richard Emsley, Crawley, West Sussex, England at 8.21am, 9 Oct 12

• Posted: 8.21am, 9 Oct 12

Anita Broad wrote: "What a treat it was at Horsham today! Fabulous play, fabulous players it was a real demonstration of excellence! I for one was very proud to be part of such an amazing sport. John and Kay and the rest of the committee should be congratulated for the mammoth effort that went into organising today! Spread the word everyone and here's to next time! Happy)) xxx"

Message 4

Posted by Richard Emsley, Crawley, West Sussex, England at 8.21am, 9 Oct 12

• Posted: 8.21am, 9 Oct 12

Melanie Chiles wrote: "Great day, great weather and a really good game!! Hope there are more to come. All played in the spirit of stoolball !"

Message 5

Posted by Richard Emsley, Crawley, West Sussex, England at 8.22am, 9 Oct 12

• Posted: 8.22am, 9 Oct 12

Andrea Brigden Johnson wrote: "Well we had a FAB day of watching some awesome Stoolball - well done to EVERYONE involved for making it a day to remember and for helping two FANTASTIC causes as well! (Hartfield Stoolball Club)"

Message 6

Posted by Richard Emsley, Crawley, West Sussex, England at 8.23am, 9 Oct 12

• Posted: 8.23am, 9 Oct 12

Hayley Evans wrote: "It was amazing to be a part of such a historic day! Thank you to all that made it happen today. I felt very proud to be playing alongside and against the best players in England. A fantastic success x"

Message 7

Posted by Richard Emsley, Crawley, West Sussex, England at 8.24am, 9 Oct 12

• Posted: 8.24am, 9 Oct 12

Helen Bryce wrote: "I can only agree with what has already been said, a fantastic day, with a lot hard work from John, Kay and the team. A great game to watch, played in the true spirit of Stoolball, looking forward to next year."

Message 8

Posted by Richard Emsley, Crawley, West Sussex, England at 10.35pm, 9 Oct 12

• Posted: 10.35pm, 9 Oct 12

Jackie Elliott wrote: "Well done all concerned. A fabulous day for a fabulous game. A pleasure and an honour to be part of it all. A million thanks to John and Kay specifically and the many more people it too to get this off the ground xHappy"

Message 9

HappyBig Match Day

Posted by Caroline Holt, Birstall, West Yorkshire at 10.49pm, 9 Oct 12

• Posted: 10.49pm, 9 Oct 12
  • Signed up: September 2009
  • Total messages: 8

HappyBig Match Day

I really hope as this is my favourite sport you manage to bring it North desperately waiting in Yorkshire to see Stoolball again. It was played as a special event for the Queens Jubilee but please bring it North would love it Happy

I am so glad that the game went well and I hope it enthused many to take the game up and as Crawley is my home town great to see the advocate for this match is from there Happy

Keep up the good work read with jealousy Sad

Message 10

Representative matches for 2013

Posted by Richard Emsley, Crawley, West Sussex, England at 7.37pm, 27 Feb 13

• Posted: 7.37pm, 27 Feb 13

Representative matches for 2013

We have been discussing what representative matches that we might arrange for 2013. A seniors rep match likely to be at Horsham again in September. We have been looking at other grounds including the Sussex Cricket Academy ground at Blackstone for possible U21 and Seniors games. In the future a mixed rep. game is also likely to be arranged.

Message 11

Representative matches

Posted by Mandy McGachie at 6.21pm, 6 Mar 13

• Posted: 6.21pm, 6 Mar 13
  • Signed up: August 2010
  • Total messages: 1

Representative matches

This was a huge success last year which I hope will be repeated and expanded to other age groups in the future. I know it would be helpful to all in the stoolball world to have an early heads up of the likely date in September for the next match as and when it is confirmed. Thanks

Message 12

Posted by Rick Mason, Lewes at 7.57pm, 17 Mar 13

• Posted: 7.57pm, 17 Mar 13
  • Signed up: June 2004
  • Total messages: 108

Hi Mandy. I've just heard it's booked for 29 Sept, with training days on the two previous Sundays.

Rick Mason
Stoolball England Website Officer

I play stoolball for Maresfield Mixed, Lewes Arms and Education.

12 messages